East London Scouts is the body responsible for Scouting in the London boroughs of Hackney and Tower Hamlets, run by two sets of volunteers:
- The District Team made up of leaders who support our groups to deliver amazing activities and skills for life every week.
- The Trustees who form our Executive Committee overseeing the administration and enabling the District Team to do their jobs.
Our District Team and Trustees are all listed below, along with their contact details.
If you're not sure who to contact or just want to make a general enquiry, then please fill in our contact form.
If you are enquiring about joining then please provide your postcode / area so that we know who to put you in touch with
Support & Training
Growth & Development
The district executive committee were elected at the AGM in June 2019. They can be contacted as a whole at: firstname.lastname@example.org
They serve as the trustees of both the East London District Scout Council (reg. charity 1114589) and The Roland Philipps Fund for Scouts (reg. charity 281576)
The following are automatically offered a place because of their role in Scouting:
- Jonathan Ellison - District Commissioner
- Kevin Bridge - Explorer Scout Commissioner
- Ben Gray - Scout Network Commissioner
The following were nominated and elected by the District Scout Council at the 2019 AGM:
- Joan Bridge
- Chloe-Jean Carpenter
- George Davies
The following were co-opted to support the committee because of their relevant experience:
- Brian Bench (for Scout Hall, Bouverie Road)
- Carl Greenslade (for Roland Philipps Scout Centre)
- Kay Leggett (for Fairmead Campsite)
The following have been appointed by the District Commissioner to broaden the experience of the District Trustees:
- Katy Walmsley (as a parent champion)
- TBC (as a former Scout who is not a leader)
- TBC (as someone not involved in The Scouts)