East London Scouts is the body responsible for Scouting in the London boroughs of Hackney and Tower Hamlets, run by two sets of volunteers:
- The District Team made up of leaders who support our groups to deliver amazing activities and skills for life every week.
- The Trustees who form our Executive Committee overseeing the administration and enabling the District Team to do their jobs.
Our District Team and Trustees are all listed below, along with their contact details.
Support & Training
Local Training Manager
Responsible for the training of adult volunteers
Growth & Development
The district executive committee were elected at the AGM in May 2018. They can be contacted as a whole at: email@example.com
They serve as the trustees of both the East London District Scout Council (reg. charity 1114589) and The Roland Philipps Fund for Scouts (reg. charity 281576)
The following are automatically offered (and have accepted) membership of the district executive because of their role in Scouting:
- Jonathan Ellison - District Commissioner
- Ryan Wall - District Youth Commissioner
- Kevin Bridge - Explorer Scout Commissioner
The following were elected by the District Scout Council at the 2018 AGM:
- Ben Gray
- Joan Bridge
- Kay Leggett
The following were co-opted to support the committee because of their relevant experience:
- Brian Bench (for Scout Hall, Bouverie Road)
- Carl Greenslade (for Roland Philipps Scout Centre)
- Paul Carr (for Fairmead Campsite)